As such it offers the first surviving Demotic Greek poetry following the termination of the Cretan Renaissance.
Additional works composed by the staff of the Flanginian were: "Greece’s Homage to the Venetian Senate", as well as a literary encyclopedia by Ioannis Patousas composed in four volumes, which was a valuable resource for Greek schools operating in the Ottoman Empire.
Originally, this organization was part of the Venice Committee of the International Fund for Monuments, but in 1971, board members met in Wellesley and formed a new tax-exempt organization, Save Venice Inc.
The Boston Chapter has been actively involved in preserving works of art and architecture.
Mint or issue place: Venice Obverse description: Winged and nimbate lion of St.
Mark facing, in exergue *II* Obverse inscription: SAN*MARC*VEN* Reverse description: Legend in three lines, rosettes above and below Reverse inscription: DALMA/E.
It was designed to educate young individuals interested in basic mathematical applications in commerce.
This book certainly indicates strong business links between Venice and Treviso, with the earliest publishers in Treviso responding to the needs of neighboring Venice, as well as the demands of the rest of Italy.
From this approach arose the concept of the "center of percussion", the ideal spot on the blade at which a blow should be struck.The Boston Chapter also raises funds for art restoration through benefit dinners, parties, concerts, and trips.Local supporters of Save Venice take pride in a long-standing affection of Bostonians for Venice, dating to the 19th-century, a fondness reflected in the architectural styles of many buildings throughout the city and superlative museum collections.T/ALBAN Die axis measurement: 6 o'clock Find number: CORN-51B33CObject type: COINBroadperiod: POST MEDIEVALCopper alloy two soldi (gazzetta) of the Venetian Republic for territories in Dalmatia and Albania, dating from 1691-1710.The Greek community in Venice, dating from the Byzantine era, had become the largest foreign community in the city during the end of the 16th century, numbering between 4,000 and 5,000, mostly concentrated in the Castello district (sestiere)., 1708), which was composed by the students of the school, made up of epigrams, both in ancient Greek and Latin, Sapphic odes, Italian sonnets, and, most significantly, prose and verse compositions in (Demotic) modern Greek.